What Is MSK And How Can It Help Me?
Musculoskeletal therapy, often known as MSK therapy, is a powerful corrective treatment used to help with a variety of issues involving the musculoskeletal system. Helping people back to fitness after illness or injury, MSK therapy restores range of movement and strength. Here’s everything you need to know…
What Is The Musculoskeletal System?
The musculoskeletal system includes all of the body’s bones, muscles, cartilage, tendons, ligaments, joints, and other connective tissue. The system carries out vital roles such as supporting the body, allowing movement and protecting organs.
When injury or illness affects part of the musculoskeletal system, it can provide knock-on effects for the rest of the body. Musculoskeletal therapy works to heal and stabilise any issues, allowing the body to work cohesively again.
What Are The Benefits Of MSK Therapy?
MSK therapy has many benefits, including:
- Helping your body’s innate healing process to heal injuries in the musculoskeletal system.
- Strengthening muscles, helping to avoid future injury.
- Reducing swelling and pain in joints and muscles.
- Maintaining health and fitness.
How Does It Work?
At your first appointment, your therapist will assess your problems and speak to you about any areas of concern. They will then put together a full treatment plan, which will involve several parts:
- Manual therapy, and the use of hands-on techniques. These might include stretching, bending, and massage techniques.
- Low level laser therapy, which helps to reduce inflammation and promote healing.
- An exercise programme, which will be designed based on your level of injury and fitness.
- Return to fitness planning and injury prevention advice.
- Functional rehabilitation, with the goal of returning to your individual maximum level of independence.
Which Conditions Can MSK Therapy help with?
MSK therapy can help with a wide range of musculoskeletal conditions, including but not limited to:
- Back and neck pain
- Knee and ankle injuries
- Shoulder injuries
- Joint pain
You can book an appointment with a therapist when you experience any kind of musculoskeletal issues. Your therapist will review and diagnose your condition, and can refer you to another professional if they decide that it is necessary. You don’t need a referral from a doctor and your therapist will be able to improve your quality of life through a variety of treatments.
Booking An Appointment…
Here at Northwich Foot Clinic, we have a variety of trained professionals ready to help you. From a highly skilled MSK and Sports Rehabilitator, to an osteopath, and our qualified podiatrists; whatever your musculoskeletal issue is, we can help.
Booking your appointment is easy – simply head to our online booking form – and our clinic is easily accessible from all over Cheshire and beyond. We look forward to welcoming you!